Resume for David Fromant
References are available upon request.
July 2009 to present
The Splendid Projects Company
- User interface design
- Standards compliance
- Apache / PHP / MySQL
- XHTML / HTML5 / CSS
Please refer to the The Splendid Projects Company website for more details.
April 2001 to June 2009
- Web (scoping, planning, design, development, updates, maintenance, consultancy, etc).
- Writing (technical, help systems, brochures, web content, advertising).
- Code-based skills include: XHTML, CSS, XML, php, Cold Fusion, Asp, MySQL, SQL
- Development of modular Content Management System
- See web folio for more
November 2000 to May 2001
- Employed to manage business resources on a day-to-day basis and introduce best-practise systems and working methodology.
- Responsibilities include every aspect of managing a digital agency, including: day-to-day resource allocation and management, budget production, project scoping and management, technical documentation, account service, revenues projection and forecasting, education and training.
- Client experience includes: Cadbury Schweppes Australia, BTLooksmart, Portmans, RACV, Hardie Grant Publishers, ANZ Bank, PLAN International, Gadria, Index Technology Recruitment.
October 1999 to October 2000
Singleton, Ogilvy & Mather
Interactive Director - Melbourne
- Employed to set up and run Melbourne division of Singleton OgilvyInteractive.
- Responsibilities include all facets of running an interactive agency, including: day-to-day liaison with agency personnel, management of Melbourne client accounts, budget production, writing of project functional requirements, brand strategy development and presentation, account service, revenues projection and forecasting, training.
- Client experience includes: Telstra, Australia Post, Australian Grand Prix Corporation, BP Amoco, Mattel, Crown Casino, Mainland Dairies, Kodak.
November 1996 to October 1999
Obelisk Information Architecture
- Set up own company to concentrate on forming supply relationships with 'front line' organisations such as Advertising Agencies, Design Firms, Communications Companies and ISPs.
- Services provided include all those necessary to construct and develop electronic media at the 'front and middle' of projects. These encompass art direction and graphical design, information architecture, cross-platform standards compatible coding, accessibility and usability consultation, project management, search engine optimisation, marketing, and technical support and training.
- Clients include: Clemenger Interactive, Lintas Online, Seek, William M. Mercer, Webcom, Telstra, CPM Communications, IQ Management, Blizzard-Allen Design, Disegno Group, amongst others.
- Lectured at RMIT Business School on Marketing in New Media.
December 1997 to June 1998
New Media Advisor
- Contracted as technical complement to existing strategic and creative abilities and to trouble-shoot on existing web sites.
- Responsibilities included single-point technical contact for agency clients, budget production, writing of technical specifications, sourcing and approval of sub contractual suppliers, advice on suitable technology deployment, co-ordination of external suppliers.
- Accounts worked upon included: Mercedes Benz Australia, RACV, Channel 10, The New Zealand Navy, Bakers Delight, Libra.
- Played a key role in the merger of Clemenger Interactive with sister company Multinet Interactive to form what is now (was then) Zivo.
August 1995 to November 1996
Cooler Creative Marketing
- Established company with two fellow directors to capitalise on new opportunities in Internet Publishing and Marketing.
- Responsibilities included writing technical specifications, design and coding of various Web Sites, liaison with technology partners.
- Clients included: The Fosters Brewing Group, Apollo Scuba, Just Jeans, Young, Rubican & Mattingly Advertising.
March 1992 to August 1995
David Fromant Writing and Communication Consultancy
Freelance Communications Consultant
- Wrote and published numerous articles on Internet and Electronic Business for corporate newsletters, technology magazines and local and national newspapers.
- Worked as copy and technical writer on individual contracts basis for various organisations including Local Government, Advertising, and Corporate Sector
- Contracted by Thycon Industries to streamline and automate documentation department. Wrote, designed and desktop-published various technical manuals and product brochures. Produced document production and management system in conjunction with company accreditation to Quality Assurance standard ISO9001.
- Contracted as Communications Consultant for PGI/Paradigm, a company specialising in systems and project management in communications. Projects included Communications Strategy for the privatisation of Eastern Energy.
November 1991 to March 1992
Traveled and permanently relocated in Australia.
July 1987 to November 1991
Word of Mouth Productions
- Conceived, organised, promoted and ran several music and cabaret clubs in Cambridge and London, UK.
- Responsibilities included finding and booking venues, bands and entertainers, design and placement of advertising and promotional material, finances and book keeping.
- Wrote numerous pieces of music journalism for various publications, including speciality magazines and local newspapers.
March 1985 to July 1987
Crusts Restaurant and Bars
- Responsibilities included day-to-day management of two wine bars, a cocktail bar and a restaurant, hiring, firing and rostering of staff, menus and promotions design, purchasing of stock and inventory control, finances, payroll and banking.
- Started outside functions division of company in response to demand from Cambridge University for catering at college balls.
- Won county final in Bartenders Guild competition for best cocktail bar.
- Presented cocktail show on BBC local radio.
September 1982 to March 1985
Electronic Technician Apprenticeship / Computer Programmer
- Awarded Apprentice of the Year during 1st year electronic & engineering theory at Phillips Technical Training Centre
- Awarded Apprentice of the Year during 2nd year practical training
- Completed Apprenticeship two years early and transferred to employment as Programmer. Involved in writing of image analysis and optimisation software for Scanning Electron Microscopes